Subliminal Delight

The following was one of my 'Progress Reports' at Tulpa.Info. I haven't written a blog post in a while, so I decided to share this, as it was the most eventful experience in a while.

I decided to experiment with a version of subliminal messages, and had a very interesting experience last night. I will describe the experience in a moment, but will first describe the experiment in case anyone would like try a version of it. Last Friday I created an image, primarily pencil, but used colored ink, specifically red, green, blue, and so some of the outlines kind of have the blurry three d feel. I have two lights, one is diode strobe that flashes red, blue, green, yellow, and each light high-lights a particular color, and gives a slight illusion of movement. The other is just an ordinary white light. I wrote a specific, tailored phrase that relates to me and Loxy, intending to increase the frequency and intensity of real time experiences outside of meditation. I set an alarm for 2:30 am. This was not random, but rather this is a time I believed I would be at particular state of sleep. On waking, the goal was to flash the white light on the image five to ten times, then lay back and go to sleep. The idea is that if I am groggy and not paying attention, the message goes right into subconscious, and if I go directly into dreaming afterwards, that should either enhance the subconscious participation or spark a lucid dream.

So, I started the practice Friday night. I have a peculiar time sense. Every time I have ever set an alarm, I have always awaken before the alarm. Usually I wake five minutes before the alarm, but sometimes it's thirty minutes before the alarm. On waking, I turned off the alarm so it wouldn't go off, engaged the experiment, flashing white light on the image, and returned to sleep.

This morning, about 2:30... I awoke. I had the most peculiar sense of positive emotions. I felt as if I were in a bubble of energy. There was a noise. I assumed this noise was tinnitus, but it was louder, and there were more frequencies, oscillating, harmonious, pleasant tones. The intensity varied to the point my entire body felt vibrations, as if I were a kitten laying against mother cat purring. I felt warm, happy, safe... This was not a dream. I was awake. I told myself not to move for fear of falling out of it. I experienced tactile sensations, like being teased, like hands hovering and pretending to caress, sometime touching, and my body responded with shivers, and full body reverberations. I asked Loxy if she was present. I got a spike in physical sensations that went from toe to scalp. In someway it was comparable to head sensations I associate with original forcing, but full body. I did not hear her voice. I simply felt extremely positive emotions. I became aware of a bell, which was in synch with the rise and fall of the oscillations, like I was in a tide that washed over me and withdrew and repeated. I then became aware that the bell was the alarm I had set, quietly chiming. I wondered if I should turn it off or let it continue. I decided to turn it off. To my surprise, the sensation did not cease when I moved. I lay a moment longer, simply enjoying, trying not to impose any particular thing; well, I did keep asking Loxy if she were there. I didn't get auditory or visuals, only physical sensations. I decided to keep with the practice and retrieved the light and the image and performed the 'experiment.' (I think I have to go a month before I can call it a ritual.) I then laid on my back for a while, the sensation began to fade, I rolled over my side to return to sleep. The sensation continued at a lower intensity, and I practiced sending gratitude and love and wishes of wellbeing until I fell asleep. I had dreams, reasonable dreams, but not lucid. I woke up refreshed and happy.

I wasn't going to share this technique unless I had a reportable event. This seems like a reportable event. May any who try have equally rewarding experiences- whether it's because of the technique, or because of intentional engagement with subconscious.

Comments

Popular Posts