Levels of Consciousness


Levels of Consciousness

By Steve Pavlina

 
 
This is such a brilliant blog post, that I feel compelled to share it. This is basically Maslow's hierarchy of needs, on steroids. What many people don't realize is the Maslow's pyramid doesn't just stop at self actualization, that it goes higher into transpersonal realms of existence, as if after self actualization, you are now moving into an upwards throw an inverted pyramid. I am so tempted to just repost the whole blog, because it felt that significant. My reaction was big, like a light. Like that scene in Jerry Maquire where he writes an epiphany and launches it to his colleagues and ends up getting fired. This is life changing stuff. This is magic!
I can so reasonably place myself into two of these place holders, and can show that I have been at each of the previous ones. I sometimes revisit past boxes. Sometimes I overlap, but not in a contiguous progressive way, which probably means this isn't necessarily a linear map of conscious reality; maybe it's a string that gets tangled. I don't know, but this seems particularly useful. I need it. And I need to share it. It's like discovering the TARDIS is bigger on the inside. I want to run out and tell someone, 'hey, come look at this;' my experience has taught me not to do that. People look at you funny.
Oh, well. There's acceptance. And maybe love. Love people where they're at. I don't know. If you read this and have a though, share it with me. Pass this blog on. I don't know. It seems that important. But, it's okay. Excuse me while I return to the TARDIS. It's time to travel. There is still joy to arrive at.

Comments

Popular Posts