go-fund-me, in mental health

So, I have decided to humble myself and ask for help.

 
I am not the person who has the most needs. I started a campaign thinking, it would be nice paying off my student loans so that I can continue to serve in an underserve community of mental health. Mental Health is challenging in Texas. I also have a family to consider, and though I could, potentially find employment that pays more, I doubt I will find another career that satisfies as much as what I have found. The campaign is simple, pay off student loans so that I may continue to serve, have time and resources for my family, and maybe continue to pursue more education. Below is what I wrote, which I think was direct and to the point. What do you think?


I graduated in 2012 with a masters in counseling, and since have worked in the Mental Health field. I absolutely love my work, my coworkers, and the people I serve. Community Mental Health doesn't pay well, which has made it difficult to get ahead in student loans while simultaneously providing for my family. I am a 50 year old male, with a four year old, most brilliant son, and I would like to get ahead of the loan so that I may continue to serve the community and my family.  I am not afraid of hard or difficult work. I have been continuously employed since my sophomore  year of high school, the longest employment being 24 years at American Airlines, which allowed me to continue my education. Paying off my student loan would give me more flexibility with my family, and perhaps an opportunity for me to return to school in the future for a PhD, so that I can continue to expand how I serve.

Paying off my student loan is important to me. Taking care of my family is important, as is my service. Anything above and beyond my student loan could be donated directly to Mental Health in my area. Just helping to remove that burden would allow me to better serve in an area that is frequently underserved in Texas.

Thank you.

Comments

Popular Posts