Hurt Not So Good

So, this will be men talk. If you're not a man, or you're offended by male medical issues and or anatomically correct words and descriptive discussions, kindly go somewhere else. I assume if you read on, you're either interested in men's health, health in general, and or are a guy that has this particular issue.

For the last year or so, I have experienced pain with orgasm. I am a 51 year old Caucasian male, divorced, no steady partner, and my primary mode of relief is masturbation. Yes, men my age masturbate. I intend to masturbate for the rest of my life. The only thing that has changed since I started is frequency, but I suspect, if I didn't have to work, my frequency would increase. You might now be thinking, well, if it's 'hurts' when you do that, don't do that. Let's get this out of the way: I have no intentions of becoming a monk or being celibate. Not an option.

The particulars are, I masturbate, either in the shower, or in bed on my back, and i orgasm, a muscle spasm draws the left testicle up inside, it hurts, orgasm response fades, testicles drop back to normal placement. I experience a dull ache, the kind one might associate with a sprain, but it in no way impedes walking, and it doesn't stop me from wanting to knock another one out.

I know just enough about anatomy and physiology to make bad movie plots and scare myself to death. Google searches did not alleviate my concerns. If anything, it escalated them. One source suggested emergency surgery was necessary to correct this condition, which they offered no name. There was enough similarities in symptoms that I thought, this is not good. Could I literally kill myself knocking one out? Could things get screwed up in there and i cut off circulation and I get black balls instead of blue balls? If I have to have surgery, they will have to put me in a coma until i heal, because they don't make a human size cone so I can't play with it.

Damn it!

Sometime in January i went to a urologist. No prostate issue. Nothing around with the equipment. Testicles are hanging right. No STDs. No diseases. No issues.

"Well, clearly that's wrong, cause I am in pain, doc," I told him.

"Yeah. This is not uncommon. We don't have an answer for it. Go enjoy your life. Ignore it."

Seriously? I sighed, i sucked it up, and went on with life. Except, I didn't like the answer. I didn't believe the answer. I went to another doctor who told me the exact damn thing. He even asked me, "didn't you go to a doctor about this before?"

"Yeah, but I was afraid I failed to communicate what was going on," I explained.

"You communicate better than 90 percent of my patients!" the Doctor said. "This is a common thing. Lots of guys come in my office reporting similar, idiopathic pain."

"So, why don't we know anything?" I ask.

"Because men usually won't come and discuss equipment issues unless it's about to fall off," the Doctor said.

In short, we guys are shooting each other in the balls because we won't go to the Doctor to talk about pain. Johnson and Johnson isn't going to do a study to determine what's going on or how to correct it if no one cares enough to report it as being a problem. Clearly, it's not so problematic that I am not ceasing my daily ritual. I have noticed, interestingly, is if I have a partner, i don't experience the same thing. I don't know if it's because I am not having pain with partner, or I am so distracted by all the other sensations, or if pressure of contact is blocking testicle rising.

For me, I am bothered by this enough that I went to two doctors and paid them to fondle me. I have two doctors telling me I am pretty damn healthy and just keep enjoying it till you can't. They didn't advocate a cease of activities. I did tell the last one, if he heard of a clinical study, i would volunteer. Especially if it they had surrogates that could help get the subject off to determine if I am accurately gauging whether there's a difference between solo play and partner play. I meant it humorously, of course, but, yeah, for science? I'd do it in an Fmri with cameras, especially if it resulted in a remedy.

Which brings me to this; guys, if you're experiencing something similar, you're not broken. Apparently, there is lots of idiopathic, 'normal' pains. That's absolutely nuts, and i don't like it, and I wish someone would get a handle on this thing. Yes, tell a joke and get your butt to the doctor. You can go to the doctor and ask questions and have your equipment examined and it's okay. Unless, there's something else going on down there, but if there is, go to the damn doctor and get it checked out! For God's sake, if there's a problem, you need to know, and your partners need to know. If nothing else, you can at least rest assured, you're not doing more damage by continuing with your life long practice of safe sex.

Comments

Popular Posts